Centergy is proud of the dedication and commitment of its Board Members. Learn more about Centergy and the leaders within the organization.
Meet Nick Faber, CPA the President/CEO of Simplicity Credit Union.
Nick joined the Simplicity CU team in 2018 as CFO and leader of the Accounting, Compliance, and Data Analytics Team.
He was chosen to lead the organization and began his tenure as President/CEO on March 1st, 2021. Since joining the Simplicity Team, Mr. Faber has distinguished himself with a detail-oriented and member-focused approach to the financial direction and risk management of the organization.
Nick joined Centergy’s board in 2021 and currently serves as Treasurer of the Board.
Who is Simplicity Credit Union?
Our origin story starts with families in the Saint John’s congregation in Marshfield, WI that weren’t looking for charity, just the chance to borrow a little money, at a fair rate, and the opportunity to pay back what they owed. In other words, they wanted something a lot of us take for granted. With friends and neighbors that were willing to do the work in 1949, our original membership blazed the path we follow today.
Do the work, even when it’s tough because it’s worth it.
Simplicity CU is today, as we were from the start, a progressive, people-centered financial living out our mission to make the complex simple. We now serve nearly 27 thousand members from as far West as Eau Claire County to the Fox Valley in Eastern Wisconsin and beyond through seven locations, including three school branches and two dedicated mortgage centers.
As our business moves ahead, our team continues to grow and learn. Simplicity CU is represented by some of the best and brightest current and future leaders in our industry. It’s a team that perpetuates the spirit of our founders in everything they do.
One shining example of that spirit can be found in our Credit Union Service Organization, Exclamation Services. This unique business model has afforded Simplicity CU the opportunity to help other credit unions, small businesses, and non-profits through the expertise of our award-winning Marketing team since 2019.
How do we know we’re doing the right things?
The Simplicity Team has been honored as:
- Firm of the Year in 2018 by the Marshfield Area Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
- The 2022 Recipient of the Spirit of Giving Award for Outstanding Philanthropic Organization by Marshfield Clinic Health System.
- One of the Best Credit Unions to Work For in 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, and 2022 by American Banker Magazine.
- Top Three Best of Portage County in 2021 and 2022 by the Stevens Point Journal.
- Diamond Award Winners in 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, and 2022 from the Credit Union National Association (CUNA) Marketing and Business Development Council.
Plus, in 2022 the Simplicity team provided support to their communities through:
- Serving 1,555 volunteer hours.
- Volunteering for 70 different organizations.
- Providing more than $100,000 in donations and sponsorships.
- And hosting the first annual Serving For Pat Fundraiser to benefit the United Ways of Wood and Portage Counties.