February 2, 2024, Central Wisconsin, WI – Centergy, a nonprofit regional marketing and economic development organization, announces the 2024 Board of Directors and officers. The three newly appointed members bring a wealth of diverse experiences and a shared commitment to driving economic growth and fostering prosperity throughout Central Wisconsin.
Brad Gast – Northcentral Technical College, Dean of Workforce Training and Professional Development
Brad Gast is a dedicated and passionate professional with a diverse background in both the business world and the educational realm. With experience in facility management, energy conservation, corporate training, and college faculty roles. In his role, Brad oversees a division that serves over 10,000 students and 500 businesses annually, earning recognition as the top training college in North America by LERN. Committed to community service, Brad’s mission is to ensure the thriving success of every individual, business, and community through workforce training, professional development, and strategic planning initiatives.
Joe Schuchardt – Findorff, Director of North Central Operations
Joe Schuchardt has 20 years of experience in the field, Joe plays a pivotal role in the day-to-day oversight of construction management activities, seamlessly handling tasks from preconstruction to project closeout. His expertise extends to notable projects such as the 25 West Main development in downtown Madison and multiple ventures for Sentry Insurance in Stevens Point. A proud alumnus of UW-Madison with a major in Construction Administration, Joe has dedicated 15 years of his career to Findorff. In his personal life, Joe is happily married to Kim, and together, they have raised three children named Marisa, Drew, and Claire.
Denise Sonnemann – Marshfield Area Chamber of Commerce & Industry (MACCI)
With a robust background in community engagement, marketing, and public relations, Denise offers extensive experience and a solid foundation in business. Previously serving as the Executive Director of Main Street Marshfield, she collaborated closely with state, regional, and local stakeholders and organizations to enhance the community’s well-being. Denise’s deep-seated passion for community development and business, coupled with her adeptness in forging robust partnerships, positions her as a valuable asset for MACCI, both presently and in the years to come.
Each board member brings a unique perspective and a steadfast commitment to the mission, ensuring a well-rounded leadership team for Centergy.
Full 2024 Centergy Board of Directors
- Chair – Paul Fowler, Ph.D., Executive Director, Wisconsin Institute for Sustainable Technology
- Vice Chair – Gautam Malik, CEO at Gamber-Johnson LLC
- Treasurer – Nick Faber, CPA, President/CEO at Simplicity Credit Union
- Secretary – Joe Schuchardt, Findorff, Director of North Central Operations
- James Matheson, Senior Vice President- Chief Strategy Officer, Aspirus
- Melinda Osterberg, Regional Economic Development Director, Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation
- Michael M. Smith, JD, Senior Vice President, Secretary and General Counsel, Church Mutual Insurance Company
- Manny Vasquez, Vice President, Pfefferle Companies
- Brad Gast – Northcentral Technical College, Dean of Workforce Training and Professional Development
- Denise Sonnemann, Marshfield Area Chamber of Commerce & Industry, Executive Director
Looking Towards the Future:
Centergy’s 2024 Board of Directors and officers are ready to embark on their new strategic direction while working collaboratively to grow Central Wisconsin. The strategic focus on Talent Growth, Regional Advocacy, Business Development, and Partner Engagement will guide the board’s actions as they strive to make a lasting impact on the economic landscape of the region.